Elgin St. Thomas Public Health (ESTPH) is committed to providing exceptional programs and services to meet the needs of our diverse community. To achieve this, Elgin St. Thomas Public Health recognizes the various needs of all residents and strives to provide services and facilities that are accessible to all individuals, including those with disabilities.
All programs and services will be delivered in a manner which represents the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities to ensure all individuals in our community have an equal opportunity to obtain, use, or benefit from the services offered by Elgin St. Thomas Public Health.
Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that:
- The goods and services provided to persons with disabilities are integrated with the provision to others unless an alternate measure is necessary to allow a person with disabilities to benefit. The alternative measure may be temporary or permanent.
- Goods and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- Communications with persons with disabilities are conducted in a manner that takes the person’s disability into account.
- Persons with disabilities are provided equal opportunity to obtain, use and benefit from goods and services offer by Elgin St. Thomas Public Health.
- Persons with disabilities have the opportunity to use their own assistive devices when access goods or services. These assistive devices may include but are not limited to support persons, service animals, communication aids, cognition aids, mobility aids or medical aids.
This policy complies with the requirements of the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act and it’s requirements.