Dental Assistant – 1 position Posting # 1.098 CUPE
Health Promotion Department
Reporting to the Manager, Health Promotion, the Dental Assistant plays an integral part of a multidisciplinary team. The Dental Assistant applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming.
- Successful graduation of a Dental Assistant Program from a post secondary institution as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Minimum of six (6) months previous related experience in a clinical setting. Public Health experience preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills are required to provide effective clinical treatment to clients who have not sought treatment for an extended period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with children and youth would be an asset.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Capable of delivering oral hygiene education to large groups.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Member of the Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA).
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2017. For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca.
Derek McDonald, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.