This position is anticipated to extend until February 2020, subject to availability of work and funding.
Reporting to the School Health Program Manager, the Dental Assistant plays an integral part of a multidisciplinary team. The Dental Assistant applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming.
- Successful graduation of a Dental Assistant Program from a post-secondary institution as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Minimum of six (6) months previous related experience in a clinical setting. Public Health experience preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills are required to provide effective clinical treatment to clients who have not sought treatment for an extended period of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience with children and youth would be an asset.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of delivering oral hygiene education to large groups.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Member of the Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA)
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by April 25, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.