This position is anticipated to commence November 2017 and extend for a one-year period, subject to availability of work and funding.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy to promote and protect the health of those residing in the County of Elgin and the City of St. Thomas.
A public health Dietitian plans, promotes, implements and evaluates a variety of nutrition related activities as provided and promoted by Elgin St. Thomas Public Health.
- Successful completion of a Bachelors degree in Human Nutrition from a recognized baccalaureate program.
- Successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario in good standing.
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Minimum of two years working experience as a Dietitian, experience in community or public health would be an asset.
- Knowledge, skills and recent experience in health promotion and community development, including the ability to apply the principles of adult learning, program development and community collaboration.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by September 24, 2017.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a
need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca
Derek McDonald, Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.