Reporting to the Program Manager overseeing Foundational Standards, the successful candidate will play an integral role in population health assessment, surveillance and reporting, as well as doing extensive planning and evaluation work with health unit staff to ensure the effective delivery of programs and services.
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Epidemiology or equivalent degree in health or social sciences from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, the Health Protection and Promotion Act and regulations.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in public health, program planning/evaluation and understanding of epidemiological concepts and statistical information and evaluation.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships.
- Effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Ability to use evidence and data collection to help support public health program planning and development.
- Ability to articulate complex data in a clear and concise manner from a variety of data sources to members of the leadership teams, frontline staff and the public. This will also include the development of user-friendly tools and ethical methods for programs to plan service delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user, knowledge of public health data sources and experience using statistical packages (e.g. Stata).
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 6, 2019.
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.