Looking to be engaged and make a difference in the community…
We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Health Promoter position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic individual who is looking to promote health and wellness to those residing in the County of Elgin and the City of St. Thomas.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a health or social science related area, with an emphasis on health promotion.
- Minimum of one (1) year of public health promotion experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development and group facilitation
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
If you are looking to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org. by September 24, 2017
Derek McDonald, Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
To learn more about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health, the community we serve,
and what it is like to work at the Health Unit, please visit us at