Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services and Human Resources, the Manager, Information Technology & Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for providing oversight and leadership for key health unit strategic actions, planning, policy development and information technology oversight and management.
This position will foster existing and emerging relationships with key stakeholders and coordinate with internal resources and third-party vendors for execution of projects and initiatives that further advance the health unit wide strategic goals. By closely managing, monitoring and developing technology strategies to further advance innovation, connectivity, and linkages across the health unit, this position will lead special projects and liaise with the CEO, senior and program leadership, program teams and various other stakeholders to develop and oversee technology and strategic initiatives that meet current and future organizational demands.
In addition, this position will develop a thorough understanding of health unit process and build in new and emerging processes that will best position the health unit to achieve the strategic goals it has set out.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a business, project management, information technology related field of study from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario
- Minimum of three (3) years experience project management, information technology leadership
- Knowledge of project management, planning, understanding of relative risk and risk management, stakeholder management, problem solving and business case report writing.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving along with exceptional facilitation and coaching skills
- Effective leadership attributes to manage, motivate and develop a relationship with peers and community stakeholders
- Ability to execute goals and objectives of a complex nature involving multiple stakeholders, including those at senior levels in the health unit community
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals, and
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 29, 2018.
Director Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.