Health Promotion Department – Healthy Babies Healthy Children
This position is anticipated to extend for a period of twelve (12) months, subject to availability of work and applicable funding.
The Parent Resource Worker forges relationships with families to build on their strengths, develop their parenting skills, help them connect with resources in the community, and promote healthy babies through safety, growth and learning.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Excellent command of the English language
- Experience working with parents and children an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time effectively
- Ability to show empathy to clients and their needs
- Ability to problem solve and see different perspectives
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit your expression of interest in writing by the submission deadline to, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.