Southwestern Public Health is looking to recruit an ambitious and experienced Payroll & Benefits Administrator who is a driven professional who will be responsible for the accurate processing of Accounts Payable as well as assisting with the bi-weekly payroll and benefit administration for the health unit.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, (CFO), the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing payroll, completing reports, processing remittances, time and attendance management, administering the health units various benefit plans, all accounts payables and receivables and will provide accounting back up as needed.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Successful completion of a two-year diploma in business administration as well as active enrollment or completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certificate through the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA).
- Minimum of one (1) successful year of experience with the responsibility of supporting payroll and benefit administration in a multi-unionized environment.
- Experience processing bi-weekly payroll; remittances, reporting and reconciliations for each pay.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting principles, compensation, benefits, pension administration (OMERS).
- Critical attention to detail along with effective problem-solving skills to ensure that payroll is accurate on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals.
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation for front line employees.
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- Experience using Ceridian payroll, time and attendance, HRIS, benefit products such as Dayforce Go, Great Plains and be proficient in Excel.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to Careers@swpublichealth.ca by March 9, 2020. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.