We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Program Assistant position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and organized individual who is wanting to provide clerical and program support leadership to our Health Unit’s program and services.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent education as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Completion of a one-year education program in administrative clerical support
- Minimum of six months’ experience in an administrative function in a health care setting.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Highly effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office and database systems.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.