Looking to be engaged and make a difference in the community…
We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Program Assistant position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and organized individual who is wanting to provide clerical and program support leadership to our Health Unit’s program and services.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent education as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Completion of a one-year education program in administrative clerical support
- Minimum of six months’ experience in an administrative function in a health care setting.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Highly effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office and database systems.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
If you are looking to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. by
September 27, 2017
Derek McDonald, Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
To learn more about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health, the community we serve, and what it is like to work at the
Health Unit, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.