We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Program Assistant position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and organized individual who is wanting to provide clerical and program support leadership to our Health Unit’s program and services.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent education as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Completion of a one-year education program in administrative clerical support
- Minimum of six months’ experience in an administrative function in a health care setting.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Highly effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office and database systems.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2018. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.