This position is anticipated to commence early in 2019 and extend for a period of twelve months, subject to availability of work and funding.
Southwestern Public Health is a newly merged Health Unit that provides public health services to the communities of the County of Oxford, Elgin and the City of St. Thomas. With offices in Woodstock and St. Thomas, Ontario, Southwestern Public Health (SWPH) is dedicated to building a healthy community by promoting and supporting community health through the delivery of effective public health programs and services.
SWPH is currently looking to recruit an ambitious public health program manager to provide leadership, oversight and management for its public health programs and services. The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary leadership team that oversees the work of front line professional and support staff of SWPH.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary academic institution.
- Minimum of three (3) successful years of experience of prior health care leadership role and/or experience leading a team of individuals.
- Effective leadership attributes to manage, motivate and develop a relationship with peers and individuals reporting to the position.
- Knowledge and ability to participate in budget development, management and implementation.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals.
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation for front line employees.
- Experience in providing employee direction, goals, objectives and oversight to public health policy and program planning
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster partnerships with internally and externally and external stakeholders for the benefit of the Health Unit’s programs and services
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by December 14, 2018.
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health