Public Health Inspector – 1 position Posting # 1.097 CUPE
Posting Date: July 21, 2017
The following position is anticipated to extend for a period of twelve (12) months, subject to availability of work and funding.
Reporting to the Director, Health Protection, the successful candidate will actively participate in the delivery of a variety of health protection programs including; control of infectious diseases, food safety, safe water, rabies prevention and control, infection control, risk assessment and inspection of facilities and health hazard management and prevention.
As the successful candidate, the Public Health Inspector plays a critical role through the completion of inspections and enforcement of applicable sections of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, and its regulations and protocols, the Ontario Public Health Standards and associated Protocols.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent from a post secondary education institution program that is recognized by the CIPHI Board of Certification.
- Current Certificate in Public Health Inspection (CPH(C)) in good standing.
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards, Health Protection and Promotion Act and regulations.
- Knowledge, skills and up to two (2) years of recent and relevant experience would be preferred.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to manage premise operator complaints in a non-confrontational manner.
- Effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office and database systems.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 4, 2017.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca
Derek McDonald, Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.