Building on our capacity to develop advocacy initiatives and develop effective partnerships, this position will help to encourage systems level change and strategies that address solutions to local barriers and health equity.
A Public Health Nurse at Southwestern Public Health, works with a variety of clients, including individuals, groups and communities/stakeholders, utilizing a population health model. The successful candidate will work with a highly dedicated team of professionals to promote the health of the community and build capacity within the community through collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a post-secondary education institution.
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Knowledge, skills and recent experience in health promotion and community development, including the ability to apply the principles of adult learning, community assessment, evaluation, facilitation and conflict management.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.