Serving the St.Thomas Site
Reporting to the Program Manager, School Health, the Dental Hygienist plays an integral part of a multidisciplinary team. The Dental Hygienist applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming.
- Successful graduation of a three (3) year accredited registered Dental Hygiene Program from a post-secondary institution as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Must be licensed to practice in Ontario by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, and a member in good standing, and provide proof of annual renewal
- Minimum of six (6) months previous related experience in a clinical setting. Public Health experience preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills are required to provide effective clinical treatment to clients who have not sought treatment for an extended period of time
- A high degree of interpretative analysis is required to determine presence of dental disease
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with children and youth would be an asset
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Self-initiation is an asset, however not a requirement of this position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to email@example.com by August 7, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.