UNION (ONA); ST. THOMAS SITE; TEMPORARY PART-TIME
This position is anticipated to extend from March – May 2020, subject to availability of work and funding.
We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our temporary part time Registered Practical Nurse position(s). We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and organized individual who will safely and effectively administer vaccinations in school and clinic-based settings, provide health teaching related to vaccination experiences and care for individuals who have received vaccinations in school and clinic-based settings adhering to medication administration and infection prevention and control best practices.
This position provides a range of client-centered health services to individuals, groups, and communities. The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) works collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and practices nursing autonomously to their full scope of practice in circumstances where there is predictability in the client’s care requirements, care plan and health outcomes.
- Successful completion of a College Diploma program in Practical Nursing as recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- In good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to work as an effective team member
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to Careers@swpublichealth.ca by February 21, 2020. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.