The following student position is anticipated to extend from May 1, 2017 to August 31, 2017 subject to availability of work and funding.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health is currently looking to fill two (2) student positions to support the Health Promotion Department. These opportunities provide a chance for the successful individuals to develop an understanding of various Health Unit program initiatives. In addition to learning from our public health team, these positions will allow the successful individuals to have a hands on experience related to community events, campaign development, health unit projects and initiatives.
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary program focusing on health related and/or communication and marketing fields
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in an environment of competing demands
- Excellent computer skills specifically in the utilization of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel and Power Point Skills
- Experience using social media platforms
- Excellent communication skills and comfort engaging with various internal and external stakeholders
- Effective research abilities
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the Health Unit needs, including evenings and weekends
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by April 3, 2017.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca.