The following position is anticipated to extend for approximately fourteen (14) weeks from May 29, 2017 until September 1, 2017. Four (4) days per week, subject to availability of work.
Reporting to the Manager, Health Protection Department, Environmental Health & Tobacco Enforcement, Elgin St. Thomas Public Health is seeking a motivated, outgoing, self-starting individual who is committed to excellence and integrity. During this anticipated fourteen (14) week contract, the successful candidate will assist with West Nile Virus mosquito surveillance and control activities. In addition, the successful candidate will provide valuable support towards the collection of water samples from Lake Erie and some inland public beaches in Elgin County as part of our beach management protocol.
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education Bachelors or Diploma program and returning to enrolment in the fall of 2017.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills in a variety of standard programs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a busy environment.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by March 16, 2017.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca
Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.