STUDENT, Public Health – 1 position Posting # 1.04
The following student position is anticipated to extend from June 4, 2018 to August 31, 2018 subject to availability of work and funding.
Southwestern Public Health is currently looking to fill one (1) student position to support health promotion work. This opportunity provides a chance for the successful individual to develop an understanding of various chronic disease prevention initiatives. In addition to learning from our public health team, this position will allow the successful individual to have a hands-on experience related to community events, campaign development, health unit projects and initiatives.
- Currently enrolled in a post secondary program focusing on health related and/or communication and marketing fields.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in an environment of competing demands.
- Excellent computer skills specifically in the utilization of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel and Power Point Skills.
- Experience using social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort engaging with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective research abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the Health Unit needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by May 30, 2018.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.