The following position is anticipated to extend for approximately thirteen (13) weeks from May 2017 until August 2017 working Monday through Friday, subject to availability of work.
Reporting to the Manager, Health Protection Programs (Environmental Health), Elgin St. Thomas Public Health is seeking a motivated, outgoing, self-starting individual who is committed to excellence and integrity and who is interested in completing a 12- week Student Practicum Placement in preparation for doing their Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) Board of Certification Oral Exam. This position may extend beyond the 12-week placement subject to funding and other considerations.
The Practicum will include exposure to a range of program areas as outlined in the CIPHI Board of Certification requirements, including: food safety, drinking water safety, recreational water safety, communicable disease control, infection control, health hazard investigation, rabies, vector-borne diseases, personal service settings and community education and enforcement.
- Currently enrolled or completed post secondary Bachelors of Sciences in Environmental Health program that has been accredited by the CIPHI Board of Certification.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills in a variety of standard programs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a busy environment.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by April 21, 2017.
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Elgin St. Thomas Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, http://www.elginhealth.on.ca
Manager, Human Resources
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.