Serving the Woodstock Site
Non-union - Temporary Full-time
The following position is anticipated to extend for approximately twelve (12) weeks from May 2019 until August 2019 working Monday through Friday, subject to availability of work.
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Health, Southwestern Public Health is seeking a motivated, outgoing, self-starting individual who is committed to excellence and integrity and who is interested in completing a 12- week Student Practicum Placement in preparation for doing their Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) Board of Certification Oral Exam.
The Practicum will include exposure to a range of program areas as outlined in the CIPHI Board of Certification requirements, including food safety, drinking water safety, recreational water safety, communicable disease control, infection control, health hazard investigation, rabies, vector-borne diseases, personal service settings and community education and enforcement.
- Currently enrolled or completed post secondary Bachelor of Sciences in Environmental Health program that has been accredited by the CIPHI Board of Certification.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills in a variety of standard programs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others in a mentored team setting.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a busy environment.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by March 20, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Manager, Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.