Serving the St.Thomas Site
The supply of tobacco to persons under the age of 19 years is illegal under the Smoke Free Ontario Act (SFOA). To monitor compliance with the SFOA, under-aged test shoppers are hired to carry out compliance and enforcement checks (attempt to purchase tobacco products). Test shoppers are trained and carry out activities under the supervision of a Tobacco Enforcement Officer
As the successful candidate between the age of 15 to 17, you will work with Tobacco Enforcement team at the St.Thomas site of Southwestern Public Health to ensure that tobacco retail outlets ask for I.D. and refuse to sell tobacco to those under the age of 19.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Visit local retailers/vendors with a Tobacco Enforcement Officer and attempt to purchase tobacco products
- Check stores for proper signage
- Take notes detailing test shopping activities
- Attend court hearings as required
- Attend mandatory training
- evening and weekend hours will be required.
- Excellent work ethic, interpersonal communication skills and be able to observe and recall details of their activities for subsequent field notes.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Excellent note taking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to Careers@swpublichealth.ca by November 5, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.