Addictions and the misuse of alcohol and other drugs can have negative effects on individuals and workplaces. Having the support of their employer could be the key to their wellness.
In a typical workplace, 10-20% of employees abuse alcohol and 2-7% use illicit drugs.
- Substance Use Affecting the Workplace - Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Mental Illness and Substance Use in the Workplace - Here to Help
- When an Employee Has a Substance Related problem - Mental Health Works
- Addiction Services of Thames Valley
- Substance Use in the Workplace - Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety