Prenatal Education at Elgin St. Thomas Public Health is FREE!
In a prenatal breastfeeding class, expecting parents will:
- Get answers to your questions about having a healthy baby
- Learn about breastfeeding
- Talk about changes to your body after the birth of the baby
- Learn about parenting and caring for your baby
- Learn about community resources
Prenatal Class Options
Prenatal classes have 2 parts: a Health Unit-led Prenatal Breastfeeding Class and Online Prenatal classes. In the Health Unit class, a Public Health Nurse will teach about preparing for parenting & breastfeeding.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Class Dates:
Location: Aylmer Baptist Church, 153 John Street South, Aylmer, ON (MAP)
- October 23, 2018 (Tuesday evening): 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- You can find more 2018 class dates in St Thomas here.
Please note that prenatal sessions are subject to cancellation if registration numbers are low.
Online Prenatal Classes
Elgin St. Thomas Public Health provides a FREE online prenatal class option available for expecting parents that can be taken by itself or alongside the in-class session.
Visit the Gift of Motherhood eLearning Online Childbirth Education program to learn more.
Prenatal Class Registration
- Register online and we will follow up with you by phone or email;
- Call us at 519-631-9900 or 1-800-922-0096; or
- Email us at email@example.com
Please be advised: If you are having any pain, bleeding, or you feel as if something is wrong, call your health care provider immediately, go to the nearest emergency department, or call 911 for help.
St. Thomas and Elgin County residents will be given priority when registering for prenatal classes. Registrants living outside of Elgin County will be put on a wait list until we can confirm there is enough space to accommodate extra people.