Workers have responsibilities as parents, caregivers and community members, in addition to caring for their own health and well-being. Balancing these responsibilities can lead to increased stress and other mental health issues. Everyone from managers to front-line workers experience stress, and too much stress can cause employees to become physically and or mentally sick, leading to higher absenteeism rates and increased costs to employers.
A workplace which provides mental health resources is more likely to have happier and more productive employees.
- Workplace Mental Health Promotion: A How-to Guide - Canadian Mental Health Association
- Guarding Minds at Work: A Workplace Guide to Psychological Health and Safety - Centre for Applied Research in Mental Health and Addiction
- Workplace Mental Health - Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Addressing Stigma - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Workplace Stress - Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Get Healthy, Reduce Stress - Heart and Stroke Foundation