A new health unit to serve our communities better – We are working to update the information on this page to reflect our new organization as Southwestern Public Health. Currently this information reflects Elgin St. Thomas area only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For information about Oxford County area programs and services, please call 1-800-922-0096.
The Cycling Master Plan is a transportation planning document intended to guide the development of a cycling network throughout Elgin County. We are committed to encouraging sustainable transportation options including cycling as a means of reducing traffic congestion and related emissions. Cycling and walking are also active modes that positively contribute to individual and community health.
Our Master Plan Objectives:
- Build upon the ATI and other projects undertaken by the City and County
- Develop a cycling and pedestrian supportive environment
- Improve connectivity to key destinations
- Identify roles and responsibilities for design, implementation maintenance
- Identify funding and partnership opportunities