A new health unit to serve our communities better – We are working to update the information on this page to reflect our new organization as Southwestern Public Health. Currently this information reflects Elgin St. Thomas area only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For information about Oxford County area programs and services, please call 1-800-922-0096 or visit: http://www.oxfordcounty.ca/Healthy-places/Personal-service-settings
Southwestern Public Health Inspectors are mandated to inspect all Personal Service Settings at least once per year in accordance with the Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings (2009) Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care protocol. We check to make sure operators are taking the right steps to control the spread of infections.
Personal Services Settings include, but are not limited to:
- Ear Piercing
- Electrolysis and Laser Hair Removal
- Facials and Makeup application
- Hair Salons and Barber Shops
- Manicures, Pedicures and Nail Treatments
- Body Piercing
- Tattooing and Micropigmentation (permanent makeup)
Personal Service Settings Fact Sheets:
- Tips for a Safe Salon Experience
- Personal Service Establishments Health and Safety Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a particular personal service establishment, call 1-800-922-0096 and ask to speak to a Health Inspector.