Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) dental program is for eligible children and youth, ages 17 and under, that belong to lower-income households, or those suffering from financial hardship.
There are three streams of HSO:
- HSO Core Program, online application can be found at https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-dental-care#section-3 or call 1-844-296-6306 for inquiries
- HSO PSO - Preventative Services Only, please call 1-800-922-0096 to book a screening
- HSO EESS - Emergency Essentials Services Stream, please call 1-800-922-0096 to book a screening
Families who currently receive benefits from the provincial programs listed below have already been merged into the new Healthy Smiles Ontario dental program and should have received their new HSO cards in the mail
- Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
- Ontario Disability Support Plan (ODSP)
- Ontario Works (OW)
Families interested in the HSO dental program can get more information and apply on their own online at https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-dental-care. Oral health staff at Southwestern Public Health are also available to help families with applying for the program.