A new health unit to serve our communities better – We are working to update the information on this page to reflect our new organization as Southwestern Public Health. Currently this information reflects Elgin St. Thomas area only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Look for a new and improved website for searching inspection results for food premises, swimming pools, personal service settings and more for premises in Oxford County, Elgin County and St. Thomas later this year.
In the meantime, if you would like to know the results of an inspection for a particular premises in Oxford County, please contact our Environmental Health team at 1-800-922-0096 or by emailing email@example.com. Please include the name of the premises you are looking for and the address or approximate location.
What is a Body Safe Report?
Body Safe Reports provide inspection reports of personal service setting facilities in St. Thomas and Elgin County.
Body Safe Reports will show:
- Name of the Personal Service Setting facility with address and phone number. The owner and operator information will NOT be included.
- Date of inspection
- Type of Personal Service Setting
- Type of inspection (required compliance inspection, follow-up re-inspection, complaint inspection).
- Violations (Types)
- NO - Violations observed during inspection – corrective action needed
- CDI – Corrected during inspection - Violations observed that were corrected immediately in the Compliance column – no further corrective action needed
- SATISFACTORY – No violations observed, no action required
- Action Taken will also summarize Enforcement Action taken (e.g. Order to Close, Ticket Issued, Summons Issued, Equipment Seized).