Protect yourself, your family and your community from the flu.
Get a flu shot every year.
- Did you know…? Research shows that children are the main carriers of flu in the community. Young children can spread the flu virus for up to 7 days after they get sick.
Clean your hands often.
- Did you know…? Hands spread about 80% of infections like the common cold and influenza.
- Hand washing is the #1 way to prevent the spread of infections. Make time for it!
Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Did you know…? Flu viruses spread when we cough and sneeze. Sneezes can travel out of your nose at up to 100 miles an hour and spread germs up to 2-3 meters!
Clean and disinfect frequently touched items and surfaces.
- Did you know…? Items and surfaces must be cleaned before they are disinfected.
Stay home when you are sick.
- Did you know…? If you have the flu, you should stay home for 24 hours after your fever is gone. This will help prevent spreading the infection to others at work, school and in the community.