A new health unit to serve our communities better – We are working to update the information on this page to reflect our new organization as Southwestern Public Health. Currently this information reflects Elgin St. Thomas area only. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. For information about Oxford County area programs and services, please call 1-800-922-0096 or visit: http://www.oxfordcounty.ca/Healthy-places/Healthy-Communities-Fund/Food-security
The ‘Food For All’ committee is a group of community members who have the goal of improving the health of people living in Elgin County and the City of St. Thomas. Since February 2016, the committee has been looking for possible solutions to increase access to healthy food for everyone in Elgin St. Thomas.
What can you do?
- Learn about the effects of food insecurity for people living in Elgin-St. Thomas at The Cost of Eating Well
- Visit a farm in Elgin St. Thomas
- Go to a farmers’ market
- Volunteer in a community garden, such as the Moore Food Garden, behind Destination Church
- Pick fruit with the Elgin Gleaners
- Take a cooking class or become a You’re The Chef leader
- Check out food programs and services in Elgin St. Thomas
- Have your organization endorse the Food Charter or contribute collectively to local food programs and plans to achieve a healthy food system
Connect with us to share your experience, endorse the Food Charter, join the Food For All Elgin St. Thomas Committee or to learn more!
519-631-9900 or HealthyEating@elginhealth.on.ca