‘You’re the Chef’ (YTC) is a cooking program designed to develop the skills and confidence necessary to prepare healthy and tasty recipes safely. The program is based on a train-the-trainer model. Registered Dietitians from Southwestern Public Health will train community volunteers from schools and interested agencies to teach youth, children, and adults basic cooking skills.
During Training Sessions, Volunteers Will:
- Gain a greater understanding of how to be food safe
- Improve their nutrition-related skills and knowledge
- Learn how to cook on a budget
- Learn about healthy food through cooking and tasting
- Develop confidence in their ability to prepare healthy meals
- Be able to teach others what they have learned
YTC volunteer leaders will receive access to the training manual containing the instructions and forms needed to run the program in their school or agency.
Become a Volunteer Leader!
Are you interested in being a trained facilitator?
Are you interested in hosting a program at your school or community agency?
For more information or to register for a training session, please call: 1-800-922-0096
Note: “You’re the Chef” at Southwestern Public Health has been adapted, with permission, from Niagara Region Public Health.