St. Thomas Site
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources and located primarily in St. Thomas, a challenging position exists for a highly motivated, self-directed and innovative professional to provide support and work within the corporate services portfolio to provide critical administration, coordination and project management support to assist in achieving the operational objectives of the health unit. This position will play a lead role in the work associated with corporate services as the Health Unit moves forward with some of its strategically important initiatives.
As a successful candidate, you will be an energetic individual who wants to learn and welcomes challenges. You must be well organized and have an elevated level of multi-tasking, precision, accuracy, adherence to timeliness, and providing superior customer service with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary program in office administration, human resources, business management or financial program
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent and relevant professional administrative support in a corporate, human resources and/or financial setting would be highly regarded
- Judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and Access
- Self-directed individual who is flexible, adaptable and able to operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, problem-solve, work under pressure, deal with multiple requests, know how to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Sensitive in recognizing and dealing with confidential issues
- Required to travel between health unit sites on a regular basis to provide administrative support
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to Careers@swpublichealth.ca by February 13, 2020. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.