Location: St. Thomas Site
One position (CUPE)
This position is anticipated to extend for a period of twelve (12) months, subject to availability of work and funding.
Reporting to the School Health Program Manager, the Dental Assistant plays an integral part of a multidisciplinary team. The Dental Assistant applies their expertise in determinants of health, health promotion and community development to support health unit programming.
- Successful graduation of a Dental Assistant Program from a post-secondary institution as recognized in the province of Ontario
- Minimum of six (6) months previous related experience in a clinical setting. Public Health experience preferred.
- Excellent clinical skills are required to provide effective clinical treatment to clients who have not sought treatment for an extended period of time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with children and youth would be an asset
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of delivering oral hygiene education to large groups.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Member of the Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA)
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2019. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca.
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.