Southwestern Public Health - St. Thomas Site
Looking to be engaged and make a difference in the community…
This position is anticipated to extend until March 31, 2019, subject of availability of work and dedicated funding.
We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Health Promoter position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic individual who is looking to promote health and wellness of our communities.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a health or social science related area, with an emphasis on health promotion.
- Minimum of one (1) year of public health promotion experience.
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development and group facilitation
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 27, 2018. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.