This position is anticipated to extend for a period up to six months, subject to availability of work and/or funding.
We are looking for a dedicated professional to fill our Program Assistant position. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and organized individual who is wanting to provide clerical and program support leadership to our Health Unit’s program and services.
The successful individual will have a unique opportunity to be engaged, demonstrate leadership and work with various interdisciplinary teams of public health professionals.
- Successful completion of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent education as recognized in the province of Ontario.
- Completion of a one-year education program in administrative clerical support
- Minimum of six months’ experience in an administrative function in a health care setting.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Highly effective documentation skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office and database systems.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18, 2018.
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
For further information about Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.