Public Health Nurse – One (1) positions Posting # 1.15 ONA
Posting Date: August 24, 2018
This temporary position is anticipated to extend for a period of twelve (12) months, subject to availability of work and funding.
A Public Health Nurse at Southwestern Public Health (Woodstock Site), works with a variety of clients, including individuals, groups and communities/stakeholders, utilizing a population health model. The successful candidate will work with a highly dedicated team of professionals to promote the health of the community and build capacity within the community through collaboration with community stakeholders.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a post-secondary education institution.
- In depth knowledge of Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Knowledge, skills and recent experience in health promotion and community development, including the ability to apply the principles of adult learning, community assessment, evaluation, facilitation and conflict management.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Evidence of continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org September 7, 2018.
Southwestern Public Health (SWPH) strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Derek McDonald, Director, Corporate Services & Human Resources
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated.
Only those under consideration will be contacted.