This is a temporary full-time position and is anticipated to extend for a duration of up to twelve (12) months, subject to availability of work and applicable funding.
Reporting to the Program Manager overseeing Foundational Standards, the successful candidate will provide research, interpretation, analysis and evaluation of current and future public health programs.
Through the development of recommendations, strategies, and policies for consideration to improve existing health programs, the successful candidate will work with members of the foundation standards team and other public health programs to support the delivery of effective public health practices and services.
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario in a related health or social sciences discipline with an emphasis on planning, evaluation of health program and policies.
- Previous experience of at least one (1) year of related professional experience focused on continuous quality improvement and public health, research of population health, program evaluation and program planning.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards, the Health Protection and Promotion Act and regulations.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships.
- Effective writing and research skills and ability to write clearly and concisely in preparing documents and other reports.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user and knowledge of public health data sources.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 14, 2019.
Director Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.