St. Thomas Site
This position is anticipated to extend until January 2021, subject to availability of work and funding.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a high degree of autonomy and works as part of an interdisciplinary team to assess the individual nutrition needs of public health clients (individuals and groups).
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Nutrition from a recognized baccalaureate program.
- Successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship.
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario in good standing.
- Prior working experience as a Dietitian, experience in community or public health would be an asset.
- Knowledge, skills and recent experience in health promotion and community development, including the ability to apply the principles of adult learning, program development and community collaboration.
- Must be capable of establishing positive interpersonal relationships and able to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable access to an insured working vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document file and please indicate the posting number in the subject line of your application via email to Careers@swpublichealth.ca by March 12 2020. For further information about the Southwestern Public Health and the community we serve, please visit us at, www.swpublichealth.ca
Nicole Dagg, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health strives to meet the standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Customer Service Regulation, and will support candidates to modify our recruitment and selection process, should there be a need to modify or remove barriers in order to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should a candidate be contacted and require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment and selection processes, please notify the Human Resources representative who has contacted you.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted